Please follow the steps below to add new ip address in Fedora Core linux:
1) Firstly you have to be root either by logging in as root or using the SU command.
2) Go to the network scripts directory by using this command cd /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts.
3) Now you should be able to see these files ifcfg-eth0 ifcfg-eth0:0 etc when you type ls command, if you don’t then you are not in the sysconfig directory.
4) So in order to add new ip address you have to create a copy of the file ifcfg-eth0:0 by using this command cp ifcfg-eth0:0 ifcfg-eth0:1 (so if you already have etho:1, then add eth0:2 so on and so forth) and repeat this step for each additional ip address you want to add.
5) Then open the new ifcfg-eth0: *file ( in this case * represents the number of etho you just added whether it be eth0:1, eth0:2 ). The content of the file will look similar to this
DEVICE=eth0:2 ( change this to the name of the file you edited )
NETMASK=255.255.255.248 ( change this to the new netmask address )
IPADDR=126.96.36.199 ( change this to the new ip address you adding )
GATEWAY=188.8.131.52 ( change this to the new gateway address if not same )
6) Once done editing restart the network by using this command /etc/init.d/network restart.